Winter isn’t all ice skating and snowball fights.
For those us living in parts of the country where temperatures routinely drop below 50 degrees (like the residents at The Commons on Kinnear in Columbus, Ohio and The Reserve on West 31st in Lawrence, Kansas), winter presents a variety of challenges, from car trouble to simply staying warm.
That’s why we’ve compiled this list of 10 winter hacks that will help you survive the season with ease:
- Use razors to remove pills on sweaters.
- Add wool insoles to your boots.
- Use screws to give your shoes traction.
- Make hand warmers.
- Use tube socks as wiper protectors.
- Use hand sanitizer on a frozen car lock.
- Use zip ties to give bike tires traction.
- Use a hot water bottle to warm your bed.
- Combat dry air with a humidifier.
- Run your ceiling fan counterclockwise to force warm air down.
Any other winter hacks you think we should know about? Leave them in the comments!