Every once in awhile, a mysterious smelly smell will appear in your kitchen. And if it’s not your garbage can, there’s a good chance the stench is coming from your disposal. If you’re a college student (like the residents at Tiger Village Apartments in Columbia, MO and Spyglass Apartments in Gainesville, FL), getting rid of this odor may seem like a daunting task.
Don’t fret — we’ll show you how to clean your garbage disposal in just four easy steps!
You will need:
- Paper Towels
- All-Purpose Household Cleaner
- Baking Soda
- Using a paper towel and an all-purpose household cleaner, wipe down your sink and the top of your drain.
- Take 1 cup of baking soda and pour it down the drain.
- Next, Take 2 cups of vinegar and pour it down the drain.
- After 10 minutes, rinse your sink with hot water until any residue is gone.