Fresh air and sunshine make outdoor parties a fun alternative to traditional soirees. Host the best backyard bash ever with these 10 tips.
- Create “zones” for food, drinks, games, handwashing, trash, etc. so your guests can easily locate what they need.
- Line clothes hampers or baskets with trash bags and label them “trash” and “recycling.”
- Make utensils easy to find by wrapping a fork, knife, and spoon inside a napkin.
- Fill a kiddie pool with ice to create a fun cooler for food.
- Write the names of your guests on rubber bands that they can put around their glasses.
- Keep drinks bug-free by placing cupcake liners over cups.
- Put condiments and toppings in muffin tins to keep them all in one place.
- Scoop ice cream onto parchment lined baking sheets, insert a craft spoon into each, and place them in the freezer to make serving more efficient.
- Hide a glowstick at the bottom of your drink bucket so guests can find what they want, even in the dark.
- Have bugspray and sunscreen on hand for guests. Thoughtful touches like this make a party memorable.
Hosting an outdoor party is even easier when you have a private patio, like the lucky residents at Worthington Meadows in Worthington, Ohio and College Park in Columbus, Ohio. To create a relaxed ambience once the sun sets, consider decorating your patio with white outdoor lights.
Serve delicious grilled vegetables at your next outdoor party using these 6 tips.