It turns out that magnificent machine that cleans your dirty dishes needs to be cleaned itself. Makes sense, right?
So without further ado, here’s a step-by-step guide.
How To Clean Your Dishwasher
- Make sure the dishwasher is completely empty, and remove the bottom rack.
- Clear food scraps and debris from the filter.
- Fill a dishwasher safe cup with 1 cup of white vinegar and place it in the top rack.
- Run a complete cycle with the hottest water possible.
- Once the cycle is complete, sprinkle 1 cup of baking soda on the bottom of the dishwasher.
- Run another complete cycle with the hottest water possible.
- Once the cycle is complete, leave the dishwasher door open for a few hours to air it out.
If you notice that your dishwasher isn’t performing as well as it used to, it might be time for deep clean.
For more cleaning tips, check out How To Clean Your Oven Using Baking Soda And Vinegar.