While many of us regularly tidy up our apartments, our refrigerators often go for weeks untouched, despite being in use every day. Show your fridge some love already!
Give it a deep clean using these 10 simple steps:
1. Unplug the refrigerator. (This is a good idea any time you’re using water around electrical appliances.)
2. Empty the refrigerator and place items in a cooler. Throw out anything that’s expired.
3. Remove drawers and clean them in the sink with a water-vinegar-dish soap solution —2 cups water, 1 cup vinegar, 2 teaspoons of dish soap— to disinfect and get rid of odors.
5. Wash the inside of the refrigerator, including the door, using the water-vinegar-dish soap solution.
6. Clean the door seals and dry them thoroughly to prevent mildew and keep them working efficiently.
7. Wipe the inside dry, then replace the shelves and drawers. Make sure the shelves and drawers are dry, too.
8. Use the same solution to clean the refrigerator’s exterior.
9. Place an open box of baking soda in the back of the refrigerator to keep it odor free.
10. Plug the refrigerator in and put items back in their proper place.
Now that you know how to deep clean your refrigerator, learn how to clean your dishwasher HERE.