Pet owners of all sorts are always looking for ways to make their pets feel right at home. They’re also always looking for ways to personalize their spaces both creatively and efficiently. With these three pet friendly apartment decorating ideas, you can achieve both!
Transform Your Balcony/Patio Into A Pet Oasis
Have a balcony or patio? Design a dedicated area just for your furry friend! Fake grass, a comfy bed and some fun outdoor toys would all be great additions to the space. This idea may also be a great solution for apartment dwellers that may not have easy access to the outdoors or grass.
These pet friendly apartments managed by Franklin Johnston Group have spacious balconies and patios that are large enough to create a mini oasis for your pet!
- Marina Shores in Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Southern Pine in Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Park on Clairmont in Atlanta, Georgia
- The Clarion in Decatur, Georgia
- Springhouse at Newport News in Newport News, Virginia
Give Your Pet’s Crate A Face Lift
Pet crates, especially for larger dogs, can be quite the eyesore when living in a smaller apartment unit. Masking your crate as a table or side table is a wonderful decorating solution for pet owners. As an added bonus, this will also save you space in your rental!
The following apartment communities not only offer great spaces that allow their residents to create a comfortable home for their pets – they also are loaded with pet friendly communities amenities that are sure to impress!
- Arbour Commons in Westminster, Colorado has an on-site dog park and is located next to regional trails.
- Trails at Timberline in Fort Collins, Colorado has an on-site dog park and dog spa.
- Spectra in Fort Myers, Floridahas a dog park and 6-acre recreation park.
- Crescent Westshore in Tampa, Florida has an on-site agility course with two separate dog areas.
- Isles of Gateway in St. Petersburg, Florida has two dog parks and 18 acres of land.
Create A Dedicated Nook For Your Pet
One easy idea to make your apartment more pet friendly and show your pet some extra love is to transform a space you don’t use and make it into a space to organize all your pets wants and needs. Whether you have a random nook in your apartment, an extra closet, a mudroom, or even just a dedicated corner, any little space can be spruced up with treat jars, photos, and all your pet’s toys with a little creativity and organization.
Looking for an apartment with a super pet friendly layout? We recommend checking out these apartment communities for inspiration!
- Paragon Properties in Detroit, Michigan
- Mills Properties in St. Louis, Missouri
- Borror Properties in Columbus, Ohio
- Worthington Meadows in Worthington, Ohio
- The Retreat at Trinity in Trinity, Florida
Have pet friendly apartment decorating ideas that you love? Share them in the comments below!