Whether it’s for yourself, you and your significant other, or for an entire family, taking the time to know how you are spending money and how you can save it is crucial to be able to cut unnecessary costs and achieve your personal goals.
If you’re a beginner at this, no worries! We’ve come up with a few ways to get you started on the right foot.
Open A Savings Account
One of the most important tasks one should do in order to save money and budget correctly is to open up a savings account. Some of the many benefits of a savings account include being able to earn interest, being able to set up automatic savings plans to reach your big goals, and more.
Track Your Spending
A lot of savers find success in organizing their spending in a bullet journal or a binder. Explore your options and see what might be the best fit for you!
In this day and age, there are dozens of reliable apps that aid in reaching your budgeting and savings goals. Here are some of our faves:
- Mint (Finance Manager)
- Spending Tracker (Finance Manager)
- Ibotta (Earn Cash Back)
- Acorns (Invests Your Spare Change)
Let’s face it, it’s easy to let grocery shopping and online shopping get out of hand. One minute you are at the store to grab dinner for the family, and next thing you know you have a cart full of goodies (that often end up going to waste in your pantry)!
Prevent buying too much by making a set list of what food and/or clothing items you need for the upcoming week or month, and stick to it. Keep an eye out in your kitchen for foods that you normally buy that aren’t being eaten and make note of those items. For clothing that you find you aren’t wearing, consider donating those items or selling the items that are still in decent shape.
Almost every grocery store and online shopping store has a variety of coupons and discounts available at your fingertips with just a quick search. Working this habit into your routine will make your wallet happy!
Rent The Right Apartment
Many of us have separate memberships to gyms, pools, and more. Consider living in an apartment community that offers all of these amenities for free! Many luxury communities have amenities such as swimming pools, clubhouses, fitness centers, business centers, car washing stations and more.
The following apartment communities offer amazing amenities packages:
- Marina Shores in Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Southern Pine in Virginia Beach, Virginia
- The Clarion in Decatur, Georgia
- Springhouse in Newport News, Virginia
- Park On Clairmont in Atlanta, Georgia
- Gateway Lakes in Grove City, Ohio
- Worthington Meadows in Worthington, Ohio
- College Park in Bexley, Ohio
- The Retreat At Trinity in Trinity, Florida
- Boulder Springs in Columbia, MO
- Cross Creek Village in Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- Radius at the Banks in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Current at the Banks in Cincinnati, Ohio
- The Jerome in Columbus, Ohio
- Velocity in the Gulch in Nashville, Tennessee
- The Bernardin in Chicago, Illinois
- Metro 59 in Aurora, Illinois
- The Fort in Lawrence, Indiana
Have any budgeting or saving tips you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments!