Looking for that little “somethin’ somethin’” to spruce up your bedroom, but not sure where to start? Here are 10 easy ways to decorate your bedroom that won’t break the bank.
- Create a gallery wall – Fill up a wall with your favorite photos, frames, posters, and more. Pro tip: Find cheap, one-of-a-kind frames at your local Goodwill or thrift store.
- Hang a tapestry– If you’re looking to cover up blank space on a wall, a tapestry is a great way to do so. They come in all sizes and patterns, so you’re sure to find one that fits your style!
- String some lights – Create a new ambiance in your bedroom by hanging some string lights above your bed, windows or doorway.
- Grow indoor plants – Succulents and cacti are just a few great indoor houseplants that make the perfect bedroom accent, and are fairly easy to maintain.
- Build a DIY headboard – It might sound intimidating, but building your own headboard is actually very simple, and only requires a few materials.
- Build a DIY canopy – Transform your bed with a simple and pretty canopy.
- Add a carpet – Sometimes, something as simple as a carpet can brighten up a room.
- Create a reading nook – Grab the comfiest chair you can find and a few dozen cheap used books and you’ll be well on your way to creating a cute and quiet reading area.
- Add an antique piece – A unique piece of furniture or decor can be a perfect way to give your room some character. Plus, thrift shopping can be very fun!
- Paint an accent wall – Some apartment communities will even paint an accent wall for you, like the apartment communities in Chicago by Reside Living!
Have you tried any of these ideas, or have any of your own? We want to hear them in the comments!